Special thanks to IMMU/Safe Guard Seat for information contained in this video. http://www.safeguard4kids.com/index.htm
School Bus Safety Facts
- School Buses lack seat belts.
- NTSB determined occupant protections “incomplete” in 1999
- NHTSA determined lap-shoulder seat belts to be “optimum form” of occupant protection in school buses in 2008
- NASDPTS recommends lap-shoulder seat belts in all school buses
- Lap-shoulder seat belts save lives and prevent injuries by 45-70% depending on the type of crash.
- Lap-shoulder seat belts increase discipline in school buses
- 80% of parents want lap-shoulder seat belts on school buses.
- Accidents, deaths and injuries happen on school buses more than school districts admit.
- Cost effective lap-shoulder seat belt technology is available for school buses, but school industry is slow to change.